Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Mint Tea

I'm in Oakland, California tonight.
Missing two of my favorite things.
My nightly cup of mint tea.
In my favorite cup.


I've been traveling back and forth to Oakland for several years working on research that I can't talk about since this is not an academic blog :)

I miss my family.
I miss my kitty cats.
And, I miss my mint tea in my favorite cup.

My favorite cup reminds me to "love the moment."

That's proving to be a little difficult tonight considering my tea, cup, family and kitty cats are all 1000's of miles away.

My favorite mint tea is Harney and Sons Peppermint Herbal.
I buy it at Barnes and Noble (when I don't steal it from my mom's house) :)
I love the shiny forest green tin that it comes in.
Almost as much as I love its smooth subtle flavor.




Peppermint Herbal is not minty enough to "wake me up."
On the contrary, it relaxes me after a long day...
I have even found that times when I'm extra anxious, my mint tea can help me settle my thoughts.
I don't know if it's the tea or just me stopping long enough to drink a hot cup of tea.
You know it's not recommended to chug a lug a hot cup of tea.
Stopping and sipping is required.

 Loving the moment is required.


No comments:

Post a Comment