Friday, April 16, 2010

Five Question Friday



I've been wanting to join in this 5 Question Friday thingie that one of my new blogger friends Lyndsey at Austin Antics participates in...I'm not very good at these things...I gave up on Shutter Sisters 365 Project and Menu Monday already...both began to feel like a chore rather than Blogging (my own personal problem rather than a problem with either blogging project). 
Friday is my all time favorite day of the week...from the time I open my eyes first thing on Friday morning, I just feel like there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

I've been reading other people's 5 Question Friday postings for a few weeks now and I'm ready to give it a try.
Here goes:


1. What words do you use on your blog/online that you don't use in real life?
 I thought about this one really hard...but truthfully, the answer is none.  I say "Holy Smokes," "Oy,"
"Oh my Heavens" etc. in real life just as much in my blog postings as I do in real life :)...maybe even more.  I also leave my g's off words like pickin' and blowin' etc.  The only thing that I'm comfortable doing on my blog that I don't do anywhere else is write in sentence fragments.  I have a PhD in English, people...old habits die hard...no matter how much I try to block all that academic stuff out :)  I guess I just am what I am; I'm not now and never have been a good pretender. 


2. Do you still write checks?
Only for the bills that I don't have automatically debited from my checking account.  Automatic debits are a lifesaver for me.  My friend Missie says I get distracted very easily by "shiny things."  I hate to admit it, but she's right.  I'm also fantastic about putting the mail away and forgetting that something needs to be paid until the 2nd notice arrives.  This drives my husband absolutely bonkers.  That's why I'm not in charge of our finances.  I use my debit card for everything else and bank with a bank that has real time updates on the balance of my account :) 

3. Who was your favorite President and why?
Ronald Reagan.  While no president is perfect and I do not call myself a Democrat, Republican or anything else political for that matter, I felt safest during Reagan's presidency...not only did Reagan and the other leaders he surrounded himself with seem to have finances, military, healthcare, etc. under some semblance of control, but his mannerisms and his true patriotism always made me feel as if the commander in chief of our country was really concerned about America.  Reagan is my husband's favorite president as well...probably for much different reasons than mine...our youngest child is even named Reagan :)

4. Are you a yeller?
I wish I wasn't.  I try very hard not to be...my kids have learned that when I start whispering, it means I'm about to lose it.  We are loud people.  But, we also know that yelling is obnoxious and hurtful so we work on it.

5. Have you ever dumpster dived?
I lost my wallet once in a restaurant dumpster when I was in jr. high.  The manager and I went through the entire night's worth of trash and dumped food to find my wallet.  I found my wallet later on the bus as we were headed back to school (I was mortified!!)  Other than that, no.


Tee Hee...that was actually kinda fun...some funny memories too that I haven't thought about in a while :) Maybe I'll also meet some new friends :):)

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I found you on Mama M's Friday Questions! I love the picture of the cat! And congratulations on getting your PH.D. Thats very inspiring as I'm debating whether or not I should finish my bachelors. Nice meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary! Very nice meeting you as well! Go for that Bachelors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you joined in! I'll be looking forward to seeing your posts:-)

    ReplyDelete