Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday - Unique Book Titles






If you're a reader like me, the part of your life where you decide what to read next can be an overwhelming experience.  
There are so many books I want to read...where do I start????  
The idea that more books are published on any given day than I could ever read in my lifetime makes my brain freak out a little bit too :( I heard that on an Anne Bogel podcast today on my way home from work.  
I rely on book covers and catchy titles to reel in the finalists when I'm searching.  I looked through my review archives to see what I had there that jumped out at me...books I know the title had something to do with me choosing it.
Here they are:





I'm a huge memoir fan as is apparent by this list.




Memoir and humor...I'll take it all day, any day.
The stuff about getting older is just icing on the cake :) 

Bossypants by Tina Fey


Women's issues, memoir, man's world, humor...bossy britches to boot.
I felt a little left out of this one bc of all the references to Third Rock (which I didn't watch), but who wouldn't want to read a book called "BossyPants"?  
Who wouldn't want to be a "BossyPants?"




Ok, who doesn't like a tell-all by a child actor??  While some celebrity memoirs can be dull, this one was anything but.  Alison Arngrim has quite a voice and just as interesting of a story to tell as well.




I love anything to do with Mennonites and the Amish...this memoir was no different.  There was a sequel to this one Mennonite Gets Married, but I wasn't as interested in that one.  I think it's still on my shelf, however, and I may just pull it down.  I remember this book being so dang funny.  

Sad Desk Salad by Jessica Grose


A working girl...who eats lunch at her desk every day...technology...learning the ropes in a man's world.  Yes, thank you.




My youngest daughter's name is Reagan, and sometimes when we're feeling silly, we call her "Arugula"...I know that's part of the reason I accepted this book for review.  I ended up marking this one up so much, and it's still on my keeper of all keepers shelf :)


The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender
I haven't finished this review yet...oy.


A family saga...the best...with a little magic and food mixed in for "flavor"...see what I did there?




I listened to this one and loved it so!  Definitely for the dog fans out there :)



Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the ladies at The Broke and the Bookish.

2 comments:

  1. I know just what you mean... so many books how will I ever catch up! Sadness of Lemon Cake almost made my list. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had it on my TBR for the longest time before I finally got to it...I really enjoyed it :)

      Delete