Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday - Freebie - Books Added to My TBR from Other TTT Lists



Top Ten Tuesday - April 17, 2018

I've loved "Top Ten Tuesdays" for a while.
But sometimes I forget to post them.
Even when I plan them.
True story.



One thing that always happens on a weekly basis is my Amazon Wishlist and Goodreads "Want to Read" lists grow immensely with all the books I see on other people's lists. 
Soooooo
Since this week's prompt is a freebie, I finally decided today that I would make a list of those very books!

So without further adieu, here we go!

Top Ten Books Added to My TBR This Week from Other Bloggers' Top Ten Tuesday Lists 

Top Ten Tuesday host, Artsy Reader Girl, gets my #1 pick this week!

1. Sacajawea by Anna Lee Waldo

I actually have read this book before...a looooooong time ago. I'm not a re-reader, but this is one I would re-read and wouldn't mind finding a hardback to keep.





2.  The Road to Paradise  by Karen Barnett

posted by Courtney @ The Green Mockingbird

How did I not know these books existed?? 




3.  Three Things about Elsie by Joanna Cannon

found on Rain City Reads this week

I enjoy good books about life, and this sounds like one not to miss.





4.  Bonfire by Krysten Ritter

I've debated on Bonfire for a while.  
I'm a Krysten Ritter fan but wasn't sure I wanted her to be an author too...I'm also on a mystery/thriller hiatus it seems right now.  Don't have much explanation for that, but Rain City Reads' Top Ten Tuesday list, once again, pushed me over the edge in adding Bonfire to my Goodreads and Amazon lists. :)





5.  Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly

I really thought Lilac Girls was already on my lists, but after seeing it on Reading Ladies Book Club today, I double checked.  It wasn't...but it is now.  




6.  The Baker's Secret by Stephen P. Kiernan

Reading Ladies Book Club strikes again ;) 





7.  Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys

Reading Ladies again...I'm loving this list and their Honorable Mentions, which is the list Between Shades of Gray came from...but hey, it works for me :) 
Historical fiction is my favorite genre right now.  
There are so many parts of our history that I need to know.  




8.  From Here to Eternity by Caitlin Doughty

If you had told me I would be adding a book about death to my TBR tonight, I would have told you that you didn't know me very well.
Apparently, I don't know myself very well because I'm adding From Here to Eternity to my list from Chain Interaction's list...
AND
another book about death by the same author...




which is my #9 book this week.

9.  Smoke Gets in Your Eyes by Caitlin Doughty





and FINALLY!
Because I'm stopping at 10, lest my TBRs overflow!


10.  Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

Yes, I realize The Infernal Devices trilogy has been around for years...and I think my oldest daughter actually owns it...but I really wasn't interested in reading it until something about it on A Reader's Fiction made me perk up.



WHEW!
As I prepare to post my own Top Ten Tuesday over at Artsy Reader Girl, there are 184 other lists.  
I only made it through the first 49!
Can you see how so many books get added to my TBR each week?? 

I love every second of it!! 



Till next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment