Saturday, July 18, 2020

Hello July

I have a fan  on the back porch.
It's a little standing fan that used to be in my youngest daughter's bedroom.

In South Mississippi, if you like to work outside on the patio, you better have a fan.

And even then, sometimes the little fan won't be enough, and you'll have to go inside and sit by yourself staring at your laptop for hours.  

Since the beginning of the pandemic, I've worked from home.  Every dang day.  

I'm an introvert, so don't think that working from home is something that I have a problem with. 

Sitting in one place every day, however, is not my idea of working from home. When the pandemic first began, I had certain spaces throughout my house that I would move to for certain tasks.  Quiet time in the morning in the swing outside while it was still somewhat cool, morning email check at the bar in my kitchin while doing some basic yoga, breakfast at my dining table with a magazine...no screens allowed, upstairs for a load of laundry and a couple of hours at the most at my desk in the bedroom....yes,  I was that person.  I should have known better.

As my kids started coming home, my spaces were slowly overtaken, and I ended up outside most of the time or stuck at my desk.  Outside was my first choice, so many days I would sit outside until I could not stand it.  Mississippi heat is not that big of a deal...until the humidity sets in...think about the actors in the movie, A Time to Kill...we made jokes about how much they sweated in that movie...even though it was a pretty true picture.





That's pretty much what we look like in Mississippi, especially in July -September...sometimes longer than that...I've worn shorts at Christmas before in my lifetime.  Ashley Judd may have overdone her portrayal a bit, but if I'm not mistaken, she's the only one in this film who was actually from the South...so yeah...this is how we feel.
I'ma probably have to fact check that last statement so don't yell at me about it.

Anybody tired of all the yelling going on in the world right now?

Sometimes I forget to put the little fan away in the outside closet. (We don't have a cover on our back patio....I just move the patio furniture around as the sun moves).  I've tried using a tailgating tent, but the afternoon thunderstorms took care of that in two days...



I've left the little fan out in the rain twice.

Last night was the 2nd time. 

She turned right on for me just a few minutes ago.

She's just a fan from Amazon...nothing special about her...not intended to sit out in the elements and especially not in the rain.

But she has.

And she still keeps on workin' 

Family has been quietly supportive of my outside office...we really don't discuss it, but here's the husband and the middle daughter trying another flavor of outside covering for me.  


And there's my little fan in the lower right corner...blowing her breezes on me as I sit in the porch swing typing.  

Please don't hear me telling you to leave your electronics out in the rain.  That is not what I said.

I said, "she still keeps on workin'"

Me too, y'all.

Me too.

I've missed this space.

We'll see.



3 comments:

  1. When I first brought my workstation home to work from home, I put it in one corner of the dining room table. I had to bring my entire workstation because a laptop cannot handle the design software that I need plus I need my ginormous monitor for detail work. Anyway, the one corner of the table was so depressing but I stayed there. Then, my daughter had to do a Zoom meeting with me for school and so I moved it to another part of the table to accommodate the two of us and it was a completely different POV and so much cheerier. I look out the window and it's just all around better.

    But, in the early morning, 7am or so I sit outside on the patio with my coffee. It's cool then and the birds are out. It's just a good way to start the day. I try to do my Bible reading out there and then come inside to begin my day. We have a ceiling fan out there which works but needs to be replaced as it is an eye sore. So, yeah, I get the need for a fan although we do not have humidity hardly at all here in So California.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pg ฝาก 10 ได้ 100 ล่าสุด สล็อตที่มีการประกาศโปรโมชั่น พิเศษสำหรับสมาชิกใหม่ โปรสล็อต pg สมาชิกใหม่ ที่สามารถฝากเงินเพียงแต่ 10 บาทแค่นั้นแล้วก็ได้รับโบนัส เครดิตเพิ่มเติม

    ReplyDelete
  3. google-search-console เป็นเครื่องมือที่มีประโยชน์ในการตรวจสอบและวิเคราะห์เว็บไซต์ของคุณบนเครื่องมือค้นหาของ PG SLOT เพื่อช่วยให้เว็บไซต์ของคุณประสบความสำเร็จในการค้นหา

    ReplyDelete