Friday, March 18, 2011

Happy Birthday, Kendal!!

18 years ago today the Head of My Household and I welcomed our firstborn child into our family.

I will never forget the first time I heard her voice.
All of a sudden it became clear to me that there had been a living human being inside of me.
I was so overcome with the newness of this experience and will never forget the gamut of emotions that swept over my body.



 
When we brought her home, I remember vividly thinking, "Oh crap! What do I do now?"
 
I really wanted one of those nice nurses from the hospital to come home with me...but the hospital frowned on nurse kidnapping :/







She wasn't the best sleeper...and after 6 months she no longer took naps...OY!





She was and is now still constantly on the move,




 
has always had a strong personality,





and an unquenchable thirst to be in charge.
 

 God Bless You if you get in her way ;)






She is a perfectionist.
It doesn't matter what anyone else expects; she expects perfection of herself.


She is a beauty.
Her look is unlike most people's, with dark eyes, long dark hair and a svelte athletic body 




 

She is a lover of knowlege...
 




animals...

 



sports...





books...





and adventure
  




As the oldest she has paved the way for her sisters...dragging her parents through the first date, the first breakup, the first prom, the first driver's license, and very soon the first high school graduation.
 



I love you, Kendal and am so very proud of you!


 





11 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your daughter! She looks gorgeous! I loved your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Happy Birthday! That first one is always hardest to let grow up.
    She IS a beauty.. just like her mama.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so beautiful, and I loved seeing the photos of her through the years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was corresponding with another blogger and we decided none of you guys are real: you're just models that this Patti person hired so she could show all these beautiful people on her blog! :--)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aths, THANKS! She's a special girl!! :)

    Paula, you're a sweetheart!! I've finally resigned myself to the fact that this is going to be harder than I thought it was...I was so big for my britches for so long...

    Alyce, picking out the photos was such an emotional task...took me back through the years :)

    Rhapsody, Ya'll are so crazy!! and SWEET!! ;)My girls are special, no doubt...and as much as they drive me nuts sometimes, I have no idea what I would do without them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to your beautiful girl ~
    I remember being pregnant for the first time and just wishing the baby would stay in there for longer because I was so afraid that I would be clueless about caring for it.
    He was almost three weeks late, though and that got old quickly!
    Love Uh-Oh in your header. That cat is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely blog post -- and a lovely young lady!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved seeing her grow up in this post. She is a lovely girl! You've done good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do these posts too and my kids can't stand it! Well, the older one can't. The little one still likes to see her face in lights.

    Happy Birthday to the girl!! She's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Country Girl - Uh-Oh says "Thanks!!"

    Col and Jenners - Thanks!!

    Ti - So far my kids haven't expressed any displeasure...although they aren't regular readers either...I could probably sneak some good stuff on here and they'd never know ;)
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday to your gorgeous daughter!

    ReplyDelete