Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Day 411 - Top Ten Tuesday - from the Archives




The ladies at The Broke and the Bookish are on a hiatus until August.
Having babies and such :)  
Congrats, ladies :):)

The Top Ten Blogging Meme is one of my favorites and has been since I discovered it.  I've missed a few over the years so I decided while the ladies are on their maternity break, I'll go back through the archives and choose some topics from the past.

On Sept. 27, 2011, the writing topic was "The Top Ten Books I Want to Re-Read."
According to my archives, I missed this one...so...here we go.

First, I'm not a re-reader.
I just don't

But.
As I've been cleaning off my shelves in the den and out of a secretary that I sold, I have run across a few that would be worth re-reading for the quality, the vocabulary, the emotions, etc.


1.  A Christmas Carol - I reviewed it in 2010 here.
I like to read this one every Christmas when I'm off work...sitting in the den by myself with the Christmas lights sparkling.
Is it weird that I'd like to read this one alone, and aloud?
Dickens y'all.




2.  Short Leash by Janice Gary
I reviewed it in 2014 here
Dogs. Rescuing and being rescued right back.
Oh yeah.






3.  Walking in Circles before Lying Down by Merrill Markoe

I reviewed it in 2015 here

Oh Chuck, you made me smile...and laugh...in the midst of my mom's chemo treatments.  Thank you, Chuck :)  I listened to this one...it would be cool to actually read it as well.




4.  Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver

I reviewed this one in 2010 here

My copy of this book is so dang ragged.  I was just blown away by some of the info here...literally, Kingsolver changed my family's life in many ways by her year long journey.





5.  Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

I reviewed this one in 2010 here

Magical...a grown woman finding herself, travel, coming out ok on the other end.
I still haven't seen the movie.



6.  The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak

I reviewed this one here

This book is a cherished one for me.  I could just hold it.  That's why I need the 10th Anniversary special edition.
Still haven't seen this movie either...don't really want to.



7.  Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier

I reviewed this one in 2011 here

I have a couple of others by Charles Frazier on my TBR shelves that I just can't bring myself to let go of.
What if they're as good as this one.
I did see this movie with my students...and loved it.
I'd love to read this one aloud...the descriptions are just about the richest I've seen.



8.  Flight Behavior by Barbara Kingsolver

I reviewed this one in 2013 here

Fiction that touches you and changes you...there's so much here...a narrative wound up in climate change...change in general...butterflies.



9.  Following Atticus by Tom Ryan

I reviewed this one in 2012 here

The heart of a dog.  A dog who once again saves a human.  I'm pretty predictable y'all.
Atticus is gone now, but I still follow Tom on his journeys.  I feel like he's a friend.



10.  Love at First Bark by Julie Klam

I reviewed this one in 2012 here

Rescue. Rescued right back.
I see a trend here.



Wow...that was more emotional than I thought it would be.
Now that I've gone back through all those books and the reviews, I've decided I need beautiful hardcovers of all these books.
This Top Ten Tuesday may be the most expensive one yet!
:)




No comments:

Post a Comment