Saturday, April 25, 2020

The Saturday morning I slept till 10 a.m.

I'm not a high maintenance woman...really, I'm not.  
I look the same today as I pretty much did before all this craziness began.  

I just looked back at that first sentence and 2nd guessed myself.
Oy.

See how quickly my brain switched gears. 

Anyhoo...
I started coloring my hair around 40, nothing fancy, just covering the gray...
around 45, I let my stylists put in my first highlights...ya'll...I loved it!
I've been a regular customer ever since, and I love my sweet stylist like she is part of our family.
The salon owner held a FB Live last night to speak to us all as well as announce that following the Mississippi governor's guidelines, her salon would not be re-opening yet.  As a matter of fact, she anticipates not opening for at least another month...safety.
Safety for her staff and their clients.

I cried.

Not because I want to get my hair done so badly...but because I really needed to see these acts of human kindness.
I really needed to see her face...and hear that something other than money is guiding decisions.

Now, don't get me wrong...I know that we have to have money.  I get it. 
Reality.

I just don't want to hear about that right now.

I'm privileged.  I get that too.  

I can sit in my house with a steady paycheck still coming in, work from home, read, clean the house, cook more meals, spend time with my kids, get to know my husband again as a friend and partner, order food and supplies mostly online, and pick up perishables when we need them without much worry.
I don't live in a mansion. (that's funny)
we don't have an endless supply of money (it's the end of the month, and I'm counting down the days till payday)
but, today, right this second, we are ok. 

that's about as far as I can deal right now.




No comments:

Post a Comment